In five constituencies of Nandi County government, it now seems Nandi Hills’ representation in county’s key positions has always been, deliberately or not, discarded. After the April 2017 party primaries, nominated and appointed leaders set to form the next regime to 2022 spread evenly across all constituencies except for Nandi Hills – a constituency that had a raw deal back in 2013, and recently received about 30 street lights during presidential campaign after Mosoriot and Kaptumo centers; despite being County’s second biggest town!
The line for the outgoing regime looks as follows;
- Governor Cleophas Lagat – Mosop Constituency.
- Deputy Dominic Biwott – Tindiret Constituency.
- Senator Stephen Sang – Aldai Constituency.
- Woman Rep. Zipporah Kering – Emgwen Constituency.
In the incoming leadership from August 8, (if they win elections against party opponents and independent candidates) towards 2022, the representation would look like;
- Governor Stephen Sang – Aldai Constituency.
- Deputy Yulita Mitei – Mosop Constituency.
- Senator Cheragei – Chesumei Constituency.
- Woman Rep. Tecla Tum – Emgwen Constituency.
In the current and the incoming government, all constituencies have been represented except Nandi Hills. Residents therefore have continuously advocated on Social Media including Bunge la Wananchi meeting points that, to mend and balance the representation differences and make an all-inclusive government, then governor-elect should hear the voices of the people and appoint few top positions to deserving and qualified individuals from Nandi Hills to serve the people of Nandi County, as suggested below;
At least two top CECs (ministerial) positions plus two from any of the three options below;
- Speaker of County Assembly;
- Leader of Majority in County Assembly or
- Youth MCA.
County Have Your Say